Saturday, August 16, 2008

...and a few more pictures from last year

I really didn't know what to expect last year on race day. There was certainly an excitement about us when we got up and moving that Saturday morning. I had no idea that it would continue to build the entire day! I've never in my life had so much energy. Naomi and I finished the 5k and probably walked another 10 miles cheering for the half and full marathon racers. Seriously... my hands were almost bleeding from all of the clapping we did. We could barely talk after we finished all of our yelling. :-) There really is no way to describe the feeling you have when you walk those streets passing posters with precious bald babies on them held by the most awesome cheer leaders. Most of them are families of St. Jude patients. They are the reason we are there. They are the reason I will always go back.

Here is another quick slideshow of "race day." Sorry there is no brilliant audio to go with it. I'll figure it out one of these days. :-)

No comments: